1 Hour Accredited CPD Course
1 CPD Point
Infections that are caused either, through being in a care establishment (nosocomial) or as a result of receiving treatment (iatrogenic), can be prevented. Often, neither may appear until after people leave the care establishment.
It is the responsibility of everyone working within the care industry to protect both themselves and the people they care for, from the effects of infection. This course will explore, in detail, how this can be achieved.
- Understanding Infection control
- Explain what is meant by infection, its signs and causes
- Identify how infection is spread
- Explain the importance of preventing the spread of infection
- Reducing the Risk of Infection
- Identify the measures that should be taken to minimise the spread of infection
- Explain the responsibilities of workers, the importance of legislation and risk assessment relating to infection control
- Controlling the Spread of Infection
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of infection
- Identify the key characteristics of effective cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and handling of sharps